Re: The nightmare of Intel Integrated GPUs under Linux in general and Debian in particular

Miguel A. Vallejo wrote on 2/11/20 12:07 PM:

> What are my alternatives? nVidia cards? I've never used an nVidia card
> but I have read also tons of problems with them in the past. How about
> now? And how about AMD cards?
>
> What are your recommendations / experiences?

My advice: put an nvidia card in there. That's what I did, and have had no
problems since.

(I also had to tell the BIOS to affirmatively disable the Intel GPU, otherwise
insanity resulted, with two desktop sessions both being sent to the nvidia
chip; it seemed that if the kernel could see two chips, it was determined to
create two sessions, even if only one chip was actually attached to a monitor,
and then it would send the two sessions to that chip/monitor.)

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans