Re: localhost

Apache is a whole different beast with things like its own directory aliases.

This may help:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/getting-started.html

Marco

On Feb 2, 2020, at 3:40 PM, Russell L. Harris <russell@rlharris.org> wrote:

I am attempting to configure Apache2 (in Debian 10) as a local server
for web site development.

I see on the "Apache2 Debian Default Page" the Debian logo; the
browser reports the image location as:

  http://localhost/icons/openlogo-75.png

But when I use midnight commander to snoop around \var and other
directories, I find no directory named "localhost".

The immediate goal of my investigation is to discover the location
(with respect to "var/www" or "public_html") to which essential images
such as web site logos and navigation button icons should be uploaded.

This investigation is part of my exploration of the "Perl Template
Toolkit".  I am proceeding step-by-step through the tutorial presented
in chapter 11 of the O'Reilly "Badger Book", but I do yet understand
why images are not being displayed.