Re: bash, find and error message question

	Hi.

On Sat, Feb 01, 2020 at 12:36:28PM -0500, songbird wrote:
> the directory is a mount point of a device in limbo.
> it is showing up as mounted but it really isn't (the
> device is turned off).
>
>   i just want the answer to be 0 or the number of files.

Fuse does not work that way. If a userspace backend cannot perform its
function (in this case - a device is disconnected) - it's free to return
all kinds of error even on a simple opendir(3).

Best you can do is to execute:

fusermount -u /home/me/pics/camera

>   i am using the above in a bash script so i don't want
> any error messages coming from the script itself unless
> i print them myself.

If you need an answer whenever a camera is plugged on or not - why don't
you check for the device itself? I.e. lsusb and friends.

Reco