Re: using git

On 1/28/2020 4:50 PM, mick crane wrote:
> On 2020-01-28 14:13, Nate Bargmann wrote:
>> * On 2020 28 Jan 07:30 -0600, mick crane wrote:
>>> hello,
>>> I want to install Git locally, I've cloned something before but I
>>> don't know
>>> much about it.
>>> Before I dive into the man pages could I ask if I need the
>>> git-daemon-run
>>> for the server bit?
>>
>> Have you taken a look at this book: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2
>>
>> I still refer to it when doing something  I don't do often enough to
>> recall the exact syntax.
>
> OK thanks guys, that git-scm book looks very readable
>
> mick

In addition to the other answers, Git-daemon is used when you want to
share your project with others.

That is, it is an easy way to let others access your bare repositories
in readonly state.

So "everyone" who can use the git protocol to access your repositories
will be able to clone from them.

--
John Doe