Re: using git

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 08:13:39AM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> Have you taken a look at this book: https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2
>
> I still refer to it when doing something  I don't do often enough to
> recall the exact syntax.

+1.  I have the "basic branching and merging" chapter permanently
opened in one of my tabs.

As for the OP's question: I've never used the git daemon, ever.  At work,
I do my git stuff on my Debian workstation, and when I've committed
something and want it to be backed up, I do a "git push", which copies
it to a server.  I use regular ssh for the workstation-to-server push,
not any fancy git daemon.

wooledg:~/git/ebase$ git remote -v
origin	svr5:/git/ebase.git (fetch)
origin	svr5:/git/ebase.git (push)

It's a little bit of work to set up, but after that, it's pretty
simple and comfortable to use.