Re: Planning a Debian NAS

On 27/01/20 3:58 am, Stefan Monnier wrote:
I want to set up a file server on my home LAN with just consumer-grade
hardware, and run Debian stable on it.  For hardware, I am probably
going to get a refurbished mid-range tower with a four to six 3.5" SATA
drive capacity, and put WD Reds in it.
Unless you already own that hardware you might want to take a look at
something like http://gnubee.org/
I have considered the gnubee, and my main problem with it is the poor physical support for the drives, and the orientation of the drives.  It is also too low spec to run the extra services I need (secondary to serving files).