Re: Sudo

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 at 17:40, Patrick Bartek <nemommxiv@gmail.com> wrote:

> I never use sudo.  I consider it too much a security risk even on a
> system with only a single user. Just login as root in your standard user
> terminal: su - (don't forget the dash), enter root password, do your
> update/upgrade or install an app, the type exit to log out and return
> to standard user terminal.

doas <https://man.openbsd.org/doas> is a much better and saner
replacement for sudo. Just edit /etc/doas.conf (as root), no silly
visudo needed, no complicated settings, great fine tuning, etc.
Unfortunately Debian doesn't ship a binary but can be complied from
sources:
https://github.com/slicer69/doas

--
Ottavio Caruso