Re: Sudo

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 09:39:28AM -0700, Harold Hartley wrote:
The only problem I'm having is when I want to check for updates
or install a file, it tells me that I'm not in the sudoers file.
I'm the only one on the system and should have admin access anyways.

What is this "admin" access?  When you installed, you had the
opportunity to create a "root" account and a "normal user" account.
Are you unable to log in as "root"?

sudo is another matter entirely, with which there is no need to bother
if you are the sole user.

Which Debian system did you install?