Re: Sudo

Hi Harold,

Quoting Harold Hartley (2020-01-25 17:39:28)
> I did a net-install and installed with no problems.
> The only problem I’m having is when I want to check for updates or install a file, it tells me that I’m not in the sudoers file.
> I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’m the only one on the system and should have admin access anyways.
> Hope someone has an answer for this problem.

During install you were asked for a root password.

If you _didn't_ provide a root password, then sudo will get installed,
and the initial user account was added to the "sudo" group.

If you _did_ provide a root password, then sudo will _not_ get installed
(unless you chose to install something which pulled in sudo), and the
initial user account was _not_ added to the "sudo" group.

If you just want root access, then use this command:

  su --login

If you want your user account to have root access via sudo, then (as
root, so do the above and) use this command:

  adduser YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME sudo

 - Jonas