Re: identity confusion

On 2020-01-24 at 12:30, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Friday 24 January 2020 12:06:19 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:23:03AM -0500, Wayne Sallee wrote:

>> >   <head>
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> >     Thanks for the ideas.<br>
>>
>> You're very welcome. One small request -- could you teach your
>> mailer to not send HTML? I was hard-pressed to make heads or
>> tails of your response.
>>
>> Pretty please?
>>
>> Cheers & thanks
>> -- tomás
>
> I'll second that, its ugly stuff to try and read as text. In fact I tend
> to just skip over messages that have no text content.

FWIW, his messages display on my end as plain text; I have my client set
up to do plain-text display only, and if a HTML-only message shows up it
actually tends to display as *blank*. So I infer that he's actually
sending in both formats (which examining the raw message confirms), and
whatever client you're using is choosing the HTML form but displaying it
raw, instead of choosing the plain-text form.

I vaguely seem to recall this being a client option that I set on my
end, but I don't recall where and I can't find it in a quick search now.

--
   The Wanderer