Re: Clarification Re: Displaying an arbitrary file in _both_ HEX and ASCII

> I posted in two fora (here and a LUG mailing list).
> *NOBODY* picked up on two key features I presumed obvious ;/

That's likely because noone cares about what you want.
Bloody bastards!

While I'm here, let me give another suggestion (besides the use of
Emacs, which I gather you think is not a GUI application?): GNU Poke.

I'm pretty sure this time it *really* doesn't do what you asked; but
OTOH, there's a good chance it might be useful for what you're doing.

        Stefan