Re: Debian on server

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020, 10:03 Alexander V. Makartsev <avbetev@gmail.com> wrote:
On 21.01.2020 19:41, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
Hi to all members of this list,

I'm not new to linux and I'm searching a good stable distro for server. Many said CentOS and other Debian but really I have not enough experiences to choose one.

So, I know this is a debian list and could be obtain biased opinion but what are better point to use debian on a server instead of CentOS?

Thanks in advance.

Main difference between Debian and CentOS distros is package management system. I prefer APT and DEB packages because it is more intuitive, easier to check and control.
Also Debian is more conservative with it's slower-than-others release cycle, which ensures more stability.

It really depends on what your server will.. uh serve, because you will have to install additional software and that software could have various dependencies, which have to be installed too and also have supported versions.
I hope this makes some sense.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄

Alessandro,
Could you you please tell us more about your "use case"?

The more we know, the likelier we are to be able to give an opinion on which way to go.

⠀⠀⠀⠀