Re: freecad

Στις 2020-01-21 10:24, Levente έγραψε:
Hi all,

I recently experienced that I can't launch FreeCad.

lev@mercury:~$ freecad
freecad: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_serial.so.100:
lev@mercury:~$ whereis freecad
freecad: /usr/bin/freecad /usr/lib/freecad /usr/share/freecad

However, I can run FreeCad as root without any problems.

Can you help me finding the cause of this issue?

Thanks,
Levente

You should check this file's libhdf5_serial.so.100 permissions/group and add your user to that group. Hopefully that will fix it. Alternatively you can run with `sudo freecad` but it s not ideal to run
programs as root.

---
Regards,
Nektarios Katakis