Re: AMD 10.2 netinstall

Στις 2020-01-19 01:17, nektarios έγραψε:
Στις 2020-01-19 00:12, tom h έγραψε:
Hello,

Recently I have installed stable on a few old optiplex workstations
that have an AMD graphics card.  On first boot I always get a black
screen and have to:

	* Enable non-free
	* Install firmware-linux-nonfree. Even though the netinstall media is
firmware-10.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso [1]

I see references to the AMD driver existing in the kernel and thought
it would load at boot time.

What am I missing?

Cheers,

Links:
------
[1] https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.2.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-10.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso

Since you have to install the firmware-linux-nonfree that means that
it s not installed! From what I remember
you need to select those packages at the end of the base image installation.
---
Regards,
Nektarios Katakis

---