Re: Pluma's syntax highlighting

On 01/12/2020 07:40 AM, Curt wrote:
On 2020-01-12, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

I am NOT interested in adding any new features.
What are the default rules for a file with extension 'sh'?
TIA

As pluma is a gedit fork as well as a gtk application I suppose it gets
its syntax highlighting rules from here (on Stretch):

  /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs

where you'll find

  /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/language-specs/sh.lang

which would be the file containing the default rules for 'sh'.

That is too detailed(ww?). It is similar to "not being able to see forest for the trees".

I was looking for a description of what Pluma was trying to accomplish by their highlighting rules.

Thank you.