Re: p7zip-full seems to be a built-in app for debian, but cannot be opened?

kaye n wrote:
> Searching for p7zip-full in synaptic, I can see that it is installed.
>
> However I can't find it anywhere.

My question is: what's your expectation how you can "find it"?

Do you expect a GUI program with an own entry in the desktop menu?

Sorry, but that's not. It's a cli progam only. The "full" means heree,
that it comes with additional compressions or archives support (like RAR,
RPM, CAB, etc.) which the original "p7zip" can't handle.

Best regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27