Re: screen color distortion after xrandr

David Wright wrote:
> For some reason, debian-user rejected this post (and will inform me in
> due course), so I'm posting it again.
>
> > It sounds to me more like a Desktop problem: I don't know how to make
> > the effects of xrandr stick like that.
> >
> > I would investigate where the settings are being kept by:
> >
> > 1) check you have a bash prompt available somewhere, eg a VC.
> > 2) make some change with xrandr (any change).
> > 3) save the configuration.
> > 4) run the line:  find ~ -type f -mmin -3
> >
> > where 3 is the number of minutes within which you saved the configuration.
> > It will print the names of any files under your home directory that
> > have been modified within the last three minutes.
> >
> > Not running a DE, I can't be more specific than that.

Yeah, the thing is that xrandr doesn't have a step 3. It acts
immediately. The usual save mechanism is to call a script from
.xinitrc or such that invokes the parameters you want.

Once I pointed this out, the original poster realized that he
wasn't actually running xrandr.

-dsr-