Re: apple mini

On 1/8/20 11:59 AM, Michael Stone wrote:

> No, that's still an unnecesarily slow alternative

Hence the suggestion to run it overnight, while asleep. And, I suspect,
dd is plenty good enough to make the disk in a Mac Mini unreadable by a
Mac OS.

> which will not improve
> your security but will make verification harder. :)

In that case, dban or equivalent. Still overnight.

I don't know what verification is, but a few passes from dban sure will
improve security -- in case a disk full of random bytes (or zeros) is
going to be inspected with some hard core instrumentation.

--
Glenn English