Re: Debian Graphical Installer: why does it format swap?

that reformat "feature" is hateful. I fail to see any advantage.
It does break the other systems, but they can be recovered by editing you fstab file with the New UUID as you know.

I use the Manual mode... auto installers never seem to get it right (my way).

*Using Manual, select existing swap partitions, one by one, and edit settings to "do not use". That prevents the reformatting and new UUID.