Re: Debian Graphical Installer: why does it format swap?

Clod Turner composed on 2020-01-05 15:40 (UTC):

> no matter what options you try to select in the
> partitioning dialogue, the installer will always reformat swap and
> therefore swap gets a new UUID.

Not true. There's another selectable option I always use: create no swap. /If/
swap is actually needed, the existing one can be added to fstab after installation
is complete, easy if by-label or by LABEL instead of by-uuid.

I have swap partition, but with 16G RAM it was never used, so because not
/needed/, I keep it turned off.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/