Re: Using ISO images as a repository

On 03/01/2020 16:30, Richard Owlett wrote:
I have a large hard disk but a low data cap on my internet connection.

I have all the distribution DVDs stored as *.ISO files in a single directory on my hard disk.

It would *SEEM* to be logical to use the "file option" of sources.list .
HOWEVER, all I've ever seen is the kludge of individually loop mounting all the ISO files.

Is that my only option?
TIA

No, not your only option. You could copy all the files locally and use dpkg-scanpackages. You could use reprepro. There are many ways to skin a cat.

--
Michael Howard