Re: Newcomer Problem: Synaptic

Hello Das,

On 03/01/2020 12:06, das wrote:
> Hello Friends:
>
> I am using Debian for four or five days only and obviously I did
> something stupide while installing and trying to learn the system.
>
> When I am using Synaptic can clicking 'update', it is giving me this
> error message
> <<
> GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu focal
> InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
> public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 83FBA1751378B444The repository
> 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu focal InRelease' is
> not signed.
>>>

> How to solve it?

You are mixing Ubuntu with Debian here: we cannot install Ubuntu packages on Debian (and vice versa).
You have to choose either Debian or Ubuntu. If you want to play with ppa stuff, you must choose Ubuntu.
If you want to stick to Debian and install the PPA material, you may to consider to build your own Debian
packages from the Debian source that might be provided by PPA. This might be a fluid process or not.

hth, Jerome