For Newbies: One line descriptions of important Linux packages

Hi, and Happy New Year (almost)!

This is something that might be helpful for newbies especially. Was
going through some things on my computer and found a NICE list of
familiar Linux package names with SUPER BRIEF, SUPER SIMPLE one-liners
describing what they do.

The list is from Linux From Scratch:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/8.4/prologue/package-choices.html

Personally, I've been seeing some of those package names for MANY
years. This is the first time I finally understood what they do...
instead of them just being e.g. a blip in a long list of other
packages that needed upgraded via apt/apt-get. :)

Hope this helps someone else.

Best wishes!

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with... HOPE  for all things good in the New Year! *