Re: usb snooper

On Wednesday 27 November 2019 17:17:30 Stefan Monnier wrote:

> > I have what I believe to be noise or crosstalk causing interference
> > between a wireless keyboard mouse and the machine they are
> > controlling, which is an rpi4.  The app itself doesn't expose any
> > usb traffic to the user. The effect is as if the finger was lifted
> > from the key for a hundred ms or so at random intervals.
> > So what, on an armhf raspi, do we have for a usbsnoop?
>
> I feel like something is missing in your description of the problem:
> which part of the above uses USB?
>

>         Stefan

The linkage from the keyboard and mouse is wireless since mouse and
keyboard cables only serve to get tangle in multihorsepoer spinning
machinery, utilizing the usual dime sized dongles plugged into a usb-3 4
port hub, plugged into a usb-2 port on the rpi4.  The 2 usb-3 ports are
occupied by a pair of SSD's plugged into usb-3 to sata adapters.

The radio is turned off, and stays off. cat-6 from the local net is
plugged in. 100% local addresses, NAT'd to the internet for everything
via dd-wrt.

How else can one put a keyboard and mouse on an r-pi except via a usb
port?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)