Re: Preseeding questions

On 11/11/2019 08:53 AM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Quoting Richard Owlett (2019-11-11 14:34:53)
When I first used Debian, I found preseeding could handle the many of
my needs/desires. I wish to explore further.

Where my might I find an exhaustive list of questions which may be
preseeded?

Since debconf values are defined and processed by each package, you can
only find an exhaustive list inside the complete package set to be
installed on the target system - e.g. by installing a draft system and
query the debconf database there.

Beware that some debconf processing done by by debian-installer is
declared by special "udeb" packages normally only installed temporarily
during install, and therefore will only appear in debconf database of
systems actually installed using debian-installer - not e.g. if creating
a draft system in a chroot using debootstrap, multistrap, mmdebstrap or
some of the related tools skipping the use of those udeb packages.

Thank you.

Preseeding can evidently used in ways I never thought of.
What I thought I was asking for was a list of all questions I would *see* while running the installer in "Expert" mode. I suspect the
'special "udeb" packages' are the key.

Browsing the debconf related man pages was eyeopening.