Re: fail2ban for apache2

On 2019-11-09, john doe <johndoe65534@mail.com> wrote:

> Note that using IPs directly is an red herring; you need to use other
> means (UserAgent ...) to identify those bots.

Over at semrush they advise the following (with robots.txt in the top
directory of the server):

 To stop SEMrushBot from crawling your site, add the following rules to your
 "robots.txt" file:

 To block SEMrushBot from crawling your site for web graph of links, add:

 Please note that there might be a delay up to two weeks before SEMrushBot
 discovers the changes you made to robots.txt.

 To remove SEMrushBot from crawling your site for different SEO and technical
 issues, add:
 Disallow: /

They note that it may require up to two weeks for the cure to take effect.

--
“The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence
is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.”