Re: UVC device.

peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This device is an analogue video converter.
> https://www.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/usb-3-0-video-capture-device-hdmi-dvi-vga~USB3HDCAP
>
> The output should be UVC compliant.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_video_device_class
>
> Yet guvcview reports "no video device found".  Any ideas beyond
> "file a bug report"?

Step 1: are you using a USB3 port? It says it will not work in a
USB2 port.

Step 2: is your USB3 chipset from Etron or ASMedia? It won't
work with those.

Step 3: Does lsusb show the device?

Step 4: Why do you think it's UVC compliant? I didn't see it in
the manual, and discussion on the web mostly seems to be about
how mediocre the thing is when it works, always on Windows
systems. StarTech doesn't even mention Mac OS, and I think that
they would do that if it were at all honest for them to claim
support.

-dsr-