Re: fail2ban for apache2

On 2019年11月9日 16:30:57 JST, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
I have a list of ipv4's I want fail2ban to block. But amongst the
numerous subdirs for fail2ban, I cannot find one that looks suitable to
put this list of addresses in so the are blocked forever. Can someone
more familiar with how fail2ban works give me a hand? These are the
ipv4 addresses of bingbot, semrush, yandex etc etc that are DDOSing me
by repeatedly downloading my whole site and using up 100% of my upload
bandwidth.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

Hi,

In this case, better to use iptables
directly:

iptables -I INPUT 14 -s IP.ADD.RE.SS -j DROP

-where I is for "Insert"
-14 is the line nber of insertion
-where s is for "source"
-where j is for "jump to"