Debian Installer -> Multipathing support

Hello dear Debian Heros!

I’m working on my lab environment which has FC storage only. Instead of using ESXi i want to use Debian/KVM/Docker etc.

I have problems using Multipathing FC Luns for boot/root devices
This article: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/MultipathSupport claims adding 'install disk-detect/multipath/enable=true’ would do the trick (adding this as a kernel parameter - but it only adds the multipath-tools, leaving the LUNs unconfigured.
After configuring the mapper devices (using the installer prompt), the installer itself does not recognize the mapper devices and thus only the /dev/sdx devices are shown

after tinkering around quite some time, I used the live image where I could easily add the multipath-tools packages with apt-get
After configuring the multipathing devices and adding human readable mapper devices, I started the installer (GUI this time) and still the mapper devices are not shown.

Are there any documents out there describing how to add multipathing support during install and for boot/root devices?
Any help appreciated
regards
Stefan