Re: Removing systemd from Buster: everything gets slow

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 09:01:46PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> That's interesting. libnss-systemd ships a valid postrm script that's
> supposed to do just that - removing "systemd" entries from
> nsswitch.conf ($module=systemd, $file=/etc/nsswitch.conf):
>
>     # we must remove possible [foo=bar] options as well
>     sed -i -r "/(passwd|group):/ s/[[:space:]]+$module\b([[:space:]]*\[[^]]*\])*//" $file
>
> But:
>
> 1) postrm script bails if it finds that libnss-systemd is still
> installed, but for another architecture.
>
> 2) It invokes "sed", not "/bin/sed", and that's another possible reason
> for such failure - locally installed /usr/local/bin/sed which does not
> understand "-i" option or misinterprets that regexp.

Wouldn't a locally installed perl have the same problem if they switched
it to perl?

It's also missing the ^ anchor, so it will try to affect other lines
like "netgroup:" as well as "group:".

But apart from those issues, it doesn't look immediately wrong to me.
It should be interesting to see exactly what caused the problem.