Re: cifs mount

Hi Chris,

Quick question: is the target that you are trying to mount from a Windows box, or a Linux box? Just wondering if its an SMB version problem.

Cheers!

Paul.

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 at 16:50, Christopher Judd <chrisjudd80@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We have a samba share here of the form //<domain>/<server?>/<share>.  I used to be able to mount this, but in no longer works, When I try, I get this result:

$mount.cifs //xxx/yyy/zzz /myshare --verbose -o credentials=cifs.creds

mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=10.50.66.240,unc=\\xxx\yyy,uid=1000,gid=1000,user=cdj03,domain=xxx,prefixpath=myshare,pass=********
mount error(2): No such file or directory

And the kernel log shows:

CIFS: Attempting to mount //xxx/yyy/zzz
CIFS VFS: BAD_NETWORK_NAME: \\xxx\yyy
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -2

I can mount this share successfully from a Windows box. Any ideas on how to get this working again?

-Chris

--

Paul Duncan

Lead Marine Technician, RV Falkor

SCHMIDT OCEAN INSTITUTE

mobile +1 650 387 4151

VOIP +1 954 672 4943

www.schmidtocean.org

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged

information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have received it in

error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.