Re: Backup Times on a Linux desktop

> On linux with all that decision freedom it can be good and bad cause you have
> to think about things :D

All the answers I've seen mention the use of "cron" but I'm not sure
what they mean by that, nor am I sure what is your typical use of the
desktop (e.g. is it always ON?), so I think it's worth mentioning the
use of /etc/cron.daily and /etc/cron.weekly as well as `anacron`
(nowadays provided by `systemd-cron`) which will run those tasks "when
possible" rather than at fixed times.

Regarding backup software I use `bup` for some systems and `rsync`
for others.

        Stefan