Re: [SOLVED] Buster: any graphical browser not depending on systemd?

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 09:46:05AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

[...]

> In my opinion the decision was sub-optimal and should be fixed.

I can live with that. I'm aware that a SysV user has to be... a bit
more attentive than the default.

> Maybe it wasn't even related to installing Firefox, but without the info
> I can only speculate.

That's right. It has to have /some/ relation to firefox-esr: I did
install a couple of things before and after without Apt trying to
install systemd (and thus to de-install sysvinit-core).

Another data point is that firefox-esr "disappeared" as I did the
stretch -> buster upgrade (changing sources.list, updating and
upgrading. A couple of hiccups on the way, but basically non-
traumatic).

I think it'll need a bit more than just "-s" to debug that :)

My take on this is that if I want to keep sysvinit-core, I should
tweak my apt preferences to reflect that fact.

Cheers
-- t