Re: Easiest Way to forward an email Message from Linux to a Mac

Bob Weber <bobrweber@gmail.com> writes:
> Why not create a user on the Linux box to receive such emails and have the
> MAC client connect to that user on the Linux box.  You might have to
> install a pop server (popa3d ... easiest to install and configure) or imac
> server (dovecot-imapd ... harder to configure and probably more than you
> need) on the Linux box if one isn't installed already.

	It looked for a bit like this should just work in that I entered:

apt-get install dovecot-imapd

  dovecot-core dovecot-imapd libexttextcat-2.0-0 libexttextcat-data
  liblua5.3-0 libstemmer0d ssl-cert
0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,344 kB/5,750 kB of archives.
After this operation, 14.2 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] yes

Then the wheels flew off:

Err:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian buster/main i386 dovecot-core i386 1:2.3.4
.1-5
  404  Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
Err:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian buster/main i386 dovecot-imapd i386 1:2.3.
4.1-5
  404  Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dovecot/dovecot-c
ore_2.3.4.1-5_i386.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
E: Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dovecot/dovecot-i
mapd_2.3.4.1-5_i386.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 208.80.154.15 80]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-mis
sing?

	I ran the following to be safe:

wb5agz martin tmp $ sudo apt-get purge dovecot-imapd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package 'dovecot-imapd' is not installed, so not removed

	At least nothing got partly installed but stuff is
obviously not quite right.

	Is it safe to try that suggestion?

Martin