Re: KDE madness again

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 09:47:50AM +0100, deloptes wrote:
> Reco wrote:
>
> > # apt install qttools5-dev-tools -y
>
> tried several times without success - perhaps because qt4 was installed
> before.

QT4 has no future, and will be probably removed in bullseye.

> > $ /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qdbusviewer
> >
> > Works for me.
>
> you should try starting qdbusviewer not from the full path. Does it work?
> $ /usr/bin/qdbusviewer
> qdbusviewer: could not find a Qt installation of ''

No. And that's a bug in qtchooser. Some variation of #928315, probably.

I don't use QT programs that much, so I won't comment on whichever is
broken there. Presumably it's some user configuration file which should
point at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5.

Personally I see no problem at creating a suitable shell alias.

> A simple proof that after 11 years since they (KDE) promised things will
> work - it is still the same BS.

I lost faith in KDE back in "KDE4.0 != KDE4" days.

Reco