Re: Dependencies et al (was: Default Debian install harassed me)

Hi,

Reco wrote:
> > 1) Call me old-fashioned, but posters' personalities should not matter
> > here, at this list. [...]
> > The language OP is using could definitely use some improvement indeed,

It would serve the general issue of constructive discussion.

> > discussing OP's personality just because of that is as low as it gets.

I made up my own theories but refrained from posting them, although i am
now sad about the consequential waste of bad pun and fake commiseration.

Brian wrote:
> The non-existence of LDOSUBSCRIBER in a mails's headers says nothing
> definite about whether the poster is subscribed to the list or reads
> list mails.

To my best knowledge, "X-Spam-Status: ... tests=...,LDOSUBSCRIBER,..."
says that the "From:" address of the mail is subscribed.
If this sign is missing, the person-like entity which wrote the mail
could still be subscribed by another address or other means.

Nevertheless, if i have no other indication then i normally add a "Cc:"
to the thread starter if i do not see LDOSUBSCRIBER among the spam tests.

> > Unless, of course, you intention is *not* to reply to OP but
> > have your reply visible to the list.

... which in this case is indeed my intention because i have nothing
useful to say about the OP's original problem.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas