Re: disk going bad? or fuser related issues? . . .

Le 04/10/2019 à 16:45, Albretch Mueller a écrit :
  I use ntfs as a data transfer file system between Mac OS, *nix and
Windows (I code primarily in java). Even though while using that
partition through fuser it is noticeable slower, afaik, it is the only
viable option there is.

What does fuser have to do with all this ? Do you mean FUSE ?

  Is that disk partition somehow going bad or there might be something
else going on?

Check the disk with smartctl (from smartmontools) and badblocks.

root@mrme:~# mount --types ntfs --verbose /dev/sdc1 /media/mrme/NTFS
Mount is denied because the NTFS volume is already exclusively opened.
The volume may be already mounted, or another software may use it which
could be identified for example by the help of the 'fuser' command.

$ mount | grep "/dev/sd"
(...)
/dev/sdc1 on /media/mrme/NTFS type fuseblk
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096,uhelper=udisks2)

The volume is already mounted.