Re: black screen (only mouse visible) after resume with xfce4 on kernel 5.2.0

Andrea Borgia wrote:

> Il 14/09/19 22:30, Mike Kupfer ha scritto:
>
> > Andrea Borgia wrote:
> >> how do I get xfce to use xscreensaver as
> >> locking when suspending?
>
> > For Xfce4 4.12, it's on the Advanced tab of the Session and Startup
> > settings.
[...]
> I have xfce4 4.14 but I don't see anything interesting in that menu,

Yeah, in 4.14 it's back in the Power Manager settings (System tab).  Or
at least, that's where the control is to enable locking.

If you're asking how to use xscreensaver specifically (e.g., instead of
Xfce's own locker (new in 4.14)), you can specify a particular locker
using the Xfce settings editor.  (Set /general/LockCommand to whatever
you want; take a look at the /usr/bin/xflock4 script for reference.)

> [1] image is fine until the login screen in X, after login it is an
> odd shade of green, mostly after resume but right now it happened on a
> fresh boot as well. System responds fine via ssh but chvt 1 does not
> fix it, I need to reboot. So far, I noticed that clearing
> ~/.config/xfce4 right after reboot and before logging in will give me
> a working display.

Weird.  I have no idea what's going on there.  I have a VirtualBox VM
with Testing installed (VBoxVGA graphics controller), and the display
looks just fine for me.

cheers,
mike