Re: where to look in logs

On Tuesday 01 October 2019 11:36:32 Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 11:28:26AM -0400, yoda woya wrote:
> > Oct 01 11:12:56 nat6pub udhcpd[674]: is interface ens1f0 up and
> > configured?: Cannot assign requested address
> >
> > # The private network interface
> > allow-auto ens1f0
> > iface ens1f0 inet static
> >         address 192.168.176.6
> >         netmask 255.255.240.0
> >         newtork 192.168.176.0
> >         broadcast 128.59.183.255
> >         # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package,
> > if installed
> >         #dns-nameservers
>
> interfaces(5) tells me allow-auto is a synonym for auto.  How bizarre.
> OK, that can stay.
>
> Your broadcast address looks incredibly wrong.  Just remove that line,
> because it's not needed, even if it were correct.

And as an aside, "newtork" is not how you spell "network". I've see cases
where a miss-spelling causes an error exit, skipping the rest of the
file. I don't know if thats the case here.

> Now, the real question is whether udhcpd.service is running too early.
> Does this unit have "After=network.target", or
> "After=network-online.target", or neither one?
>
> Showing the entire udhcpd.service would be a good start.

Agreed. If for no other reason than educational.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis