Re: Trying to excute things on boot from /etc/rc.local

On Tuesday 01 October 2019 08:57:26 Greg Wooledge wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 12:58:22AM -0700, didier.gaumet@gmail.com
wrote:
> > Is your system a Systemd one (by default in Debian), you have to
> > enable rc.local:
> > https://www.linuxbabe.com/linux-server/how-to-enable-etcrc-local-wit
> >h-systemd
>
> You don't have to enable the rc-local service in Debian.  It's already
> enabled.  You can verify this with systemctl status rc-local.
>
> All you have to do are two steps:
>
> 1) Make sure /etc/rc.local begins with a valid shebang.
> 2) Make sure /etc/rc.local has execute permissions.

How long has this been true, Greg? I ask because thats the first place
I've tried to put things I needed running because it should be last in
the init sequence.  And I don't recall it ever working since LCNC
switched to wheezy from ubuntu 8 something. Perhaps this is why?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis