Sid broke my wireless

Hi,

I have a machine with Intel 7265 wireless. It has been working well for
years, but I've recently started seeing "Microcode SW errors" in the
logs, which are often accompanied by a reduction of throughput from
about 250 Mbps to about 40 Mbps. This reduction remains in place until
the interface is brought down and back up again.

It seems to be a firmware bug triggered by recent changes in the
kernel. There's a bug report here:

My additions are here:

It's been five weeks, and the maintainer has not yet responded. In the
meantime, I'm switching from 5.2.x kernels to 4.19 (which I may have
to start getting from earlier Debian versions or compiling myself),
which do not trigger the error (at least in my case). Any further
suggestions?

Celejar