Re: attempted install of buster arm64 net-install on rp4 fails instantly

On Sunday 08 September 2019 12:49:14 Curt wrote:

> >> Eh? How do you work that out?
> >
> > I won't, theres always another way to skin that cat. ;-) Time, if I
> > have it, will sort that out.
>
> He means how did you derive that erroneous notion from the
> 'README.concatenateable_images,' which says:
>
>  To create a complete image from the two parts on Linux systems, you
> can use zcat as follows:
>
>    zcat firmware.<board_name>.img.gz partition.img.gz >
> complete_image.img

zcat is not a cmnd I use, so I didn't recognize it.  Besides, it more of
the zero info names that one isn't going to remember a week down the log
when one trips over partition.img.gz and wonders why it was that I
downloaded it.

So my bad I guess.
> (In fact, in Windows the process is more involved.)
>
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis