Re: error while doing apt-get update

On 2019-09-06 21:59 +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:

> I am getting some error while doing
> debian@debian:~$ sudo apt-get update
> [sudo] password for debian:
> Get:1 http://security-cdn.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates
> InRelease [39.1 kB]
> Hit:2 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease
> Get:3 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease [49.3 kB]
> Reading package lists... Done
> E: Repository 'http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates
> InRelease' changed its 'Label' value from 'Debian-Security' to
> 'Debian'
> N: Repository 'http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates
> InRelease' changed its 'Version' value from '10' to ''
> E: Repository 'http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates
> InRelease' changed its 'Suite' value from 'stable' to 'stable-updates'
> E: Repository 'http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates
> InRelease' changed its 'Codename' value from 'buster' to
> 'buster-updates'
> N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository
> can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.

This is rather strange.  The new values for these fields in the
buster-updates repository look correct, I wonder how the old ones got
there.

> debian@debian:/etc/apt$ cat sources.list
> #
>
> # deb cdrom:[Official Debian GNU/Linux Live 10.0.0 gnome
> 2019-07-06T10:51]/ buster main
>
> #deb cdrom:[Official Debian GNU/Linux Live 10.0.0 gnome
> 2019-07-06T10:51]/ buster main
>
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main
> deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
>
> # buster-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main
> deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main
>
> # This system was installed using small removable media
> # (e.g. netinst, live or single CD). The matching "deb cdrom"
> # entries were disabled at the end of the installation process.
> # For information about how to configure apt package sources,
> # see the sources.list(5) manual.

This sources.list file looks good to me.

> What should I  check?

There should be a file
/var/lib/apt/lists/deb.debian.org_debian_dists_buster-updates_InRelease.
If it exists, can you please show its first 15 lines?

Cheers,
       Sven