Re: What is the location of the "depmod" program on your machine? vmware tools installation error

Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org>

> What should I do to proceed from here?
>It's in /sbin/depmod, and you will need to be root to do
anything useful with it.
>sudo ./vmware-install.pl
>might work.

Yes that did worked. Thanks for pointing that out.

Erwan David <erwan@rail.eu.org>

>It seems to me that vmware on recent linux prefers the open-vm-tools
>package.

Yes that is correct I had installed open-vm-tools only before trying
the vmware tools.
But I was not able to copy paste a folder from host OS(Windows 10) to
guest OS (Debian).
So I I wanted to try Vmware-tools but this thing (drag and drop or
copy folder from Windows10 to Debian10
has not worked either in open-vm-tools orVmware-tools install package by vendor)
-------
Thanks