Re: Cannot boot after distro upgrade

On 9/2/19 12:26 AM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

Le 01/09/2019 à 22:59, Miroslav Skoric a écrit :

root@(none):/# uname -a
Linux (none) 3.2.0-4-486 #1 Debian 3.2.96-2 i686 GNU/Linux

So you upgraded from Jessie to Stretch but still ran the old kernel from Wheezy all this time ? Wow.

Sure. I upgraded Jessie to Stretch last week. And it worked well for me until Friday eve. (And before that I upgraded Wheezy to Jessie cca year ago. It worked well for me too.) It's almost a ten year old laptop now.

If the dist upgrade was not complete (and if the system not functional anymore), how to change/upgrade the kernel now?

apt-get install linux-image-586

Hmmm, without network? Ok, I will see if I could enable networking ...