Re: x and virtual consoles

On 2019-08-06, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Curt wrote:
>
>> LightDM's dm-tool command can be used to allow multiple users to be logged
>> in on separate ttys. The following will send a signal requesting that the
>> current session be locked and then will initiate a switch to LightDM's
>> greeter, allowing a new user to log in to the system.
>
> it says multiple users - not the same user

curty@einstein:~/glimmer$ man dm-tool
<snipperooney>
    switch-to-greeter
           Switch to the greeter suitable for logging into a new
           session.

Says "logging into a new *session*." (emphasis mine).

Let's ask Gene to try it and report back.

--
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”
― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan