Re: Please consider unblocking Chromium and linux packages for Buster

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 17:57, Lazar Tadić <lazar.tadic34@gmail.com> wrote:
Chromium is currently 2 major and 3 minor versions behind upstream in
both Stretch and Buster. Please consider uploading a recent version to
address 34 open security issues, before the complete freeze on 25th of
June.

I have recently installed gentoo prefix within my debian buster OS  on my kaveri box.

I installed chromium 76:

mikef@fart:~/gentoo/etc/portage$ equery l chromium
 * Searching for chromium ...
[IP-] [  ] www-client/chromium-76.0.3809.36:0
mikef@fart:~/gentoo/etc/portage$

It does take some effort install gentoo prefix on debian.  But I have figured out how to do it with the help of the gentoo prefix dev team.
I am grateful to them.

Cheers

Michael Fothergill

Likewise, linux package in Buster lack recent fixes for SACKs
Panic vulnerabilities. I hope it will also be uploaded soon.

Regards,
Lazar