Re: New nomeclature of ethernet devices

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 12:56:45PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> Hi Richard and Tomas,
>
> maybe I was not clear enough. So I try to explain again:

[...]

> The point is: There are many OLD files from FORMER installations of times ago,

You mean *your* old files or those coming with *new* Debian packages?

In the former case, it's obviously on you to decide which way
you go (predictable filenames + fix your configs versus keep
the "old way" [1]). In the second, it's obviously a bug in the
package: if you spot one of those, you might want to file a bug
report.

Cheers

[1] Both are valid decisions, it's your machine, after all. I, for
   example, went the "old ways", because I do much manual config
   at the shell, and it's definitely more ergonomical to type

     ip addr show dev eth0

   than

     ip addr show dev en&$*#@p?#$%foo

   (yes, I'm exaggerating a bit for dramatical effect ;-)
   But your mileage will almost surely vary.

-- t