Re: Converting text subtitles to vobsub

Michael Lange (12019-06-21):
> is there a program (command line preferred) that is able to convert text
> subtitles (.srt or .ass etc.) into vobsub "image" subtitles?

Can you explain why exactly you want to do that?

Often, when people ask for a very unusual task, or a task that looks
useless, they actually have a mistaken assumption earlier in their
reasoning. There are a few good reasons to want to do that task
nowadays, and a lot of bad ones.

> ffmpeg apparently fails at this;

IIRC, FFmpeg does not have anything (yet) to produce bitmap subtitles
except by decoding existing bitmap subtitles.

>				   there is a program called spumux, but so
> far as I can see it's not exactly what I am looking for (or maybe I just
> don't get how to use it).

spumux can do that, and is indeed the only took I know that can.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George