Re: Unreliable systemd user service

Aidan Gauland writes:
> I have a user service for running xautolock that does not start on login
> reliably, and I have no idea why, because there is no error message,
> just an exit code of 1.  (Unit file and output of systemctl status
> attached.)  Any suggestions on what to do next to troubleshoot this?

I would guess `xautolock` might be started before X is
running/accessible by your user.

Does the journal contain any useful log messages?  Note that there is a
race condition that some messages might not be logged as part of the
user service[1], so you might have to check all log messages and cannot
rely on journalctl's `--user-unit` option.

Ansgar

  [1] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2913